Friday, December 14, 2012

Best red value?



2010 Texier Côtes du Rhône

Just a quick note on this wine since I’ve been through more than a case without posting about it anywhere. From grenache grown in Saint-Julien-en-Saint-Alban, this wine has a beautiful, translucent ruby color and a haunting nose of sour cherries with a mélange of herbs and other mildly savory notes as well as floral topnotes. I like to give it a bit of a decant as I find it helps the aromatics. I’m a bit of a sucker for Eric’s wines, but I think that this is a truly exceptional vintage for this particular bottling. A stunning value that I’m buying in caseloads. This may be the best red wine value out there if you have tastes similar to mine.

4 comments:

Jeremy T said...

Are you sure you don't mean Syrah?

Jeremy T said...

No, it looks like you really do mean Grenache. I had no idea he made other wines in St. Julien en St. Albans. I'll have to try it.

Unknown said...

One of my regulars at Chambers just emailed me about this wine, literally citing it as his best value red. I haven't drunk it in years! But I will now. Thanks for writing again. Missed your voice...

Sophie

Anonymous said...

Very informative content and very refreshing for us wine lovers. Btw check out this Amazon best wine chiller the Le Cool Stick Wine Chiller, ideal for Father's Day gift comes w/ 25% Off Discount Code: LCSDAD25 @ http://ow.ly/O4ht5